Monday, March 15, 2010

Harmonix

Here's a little playing around I did using the new Flash program, Harmony.


I like how three-dimensional these look, without any effort on my part. The program just lends itself to that look!


The one above looks like an architectural rendering to me, though a very scary one. It's fun to see art tools that depart completely from traditional media, or rather the ghost of traditional media, since that's what most art programs try to imitate. It's hard to see something like this being more than gimmicky; there's lots of creative possibilities, but getting from point A to point B is far too chaotic at this point for most artists to make use of something like this.

Still, I'd love to see what a more skilled artist than myself might come up with using this program. In particular, I'd like to see someone export some images from Harmony and then make something more coherent with them in Photoshop.

No comments:

Post a Comment